Ma Sarada arrives on 23 May 1909. The building itself, now called Udbodhan, would be known to the people as ‘Mayer Bari’ (Mother’s Home) forever since. During her stay here, countless devotees of hers used to come and see her to offer their love and respects. Among them were many young men who were selfless freedom fighters dedicated to the service of their motherland. The firebrand revolutionary Aurobindo Ghosh (later the saint Sri Aurobindo) was rumoured to have come here to take Mother’s blessings immediately before his disappearance in 1910.